Gerald B Schaefer, MDPediatric Medical Genetics And Genomics
In addition to his clinical experience, Dr. Schaefer has published hundreds of peer-reviewed research studies, invited articles and reviews, committee publications, articles, book chapters and abstracts on pediatric genetic conditions. With his extensive expertise in genetic conditions and advanced diagnostic screening tools, he provides leading care to pediatric patients and their families at Wesley Pediatric Specialists.
Dr. Schaefer is also dedicated to training the next generation of physicians and has served in teaching roles as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Genetics, Endocrinology and Metabolism at University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, among dozens of other professor positions.
When he’s not in the office, Gerald enjoys spending time with his wife Rebecca and children Lauren and Gerald III.
Pediatric - Neurology
Pediatric Genetic Conditions
Prenatal Diagnosis/Newborn Screening
Rehabilitation and Genetic Medicine
- Pediatric Medical Genetics And Genomics - Primary - Board Certified
- Gender: Male
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Oklahoma - 1978
- Graduate Degree: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center - 1982
- Residency: Oklahoma Children's Memorial Hospital - 1984
- Fellowship: Oklahoma Children's Memorial Hospital - 1986
- Wesley Medical Center
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children